DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE
What Is Integrated Pain Management?
Integrated Pain Management provides a new, innovative approach to the assessment, treatment and management of pain. We are proud to collaborate with leading Pain Specialists in the provision of pain assessment and offer in-depth consultation services, high quality diagnostic imaging and image-guided pain management treatments. During our image-guided procedures, our highly trained Radiologists use image-guidance to deliver medication directly to source of the pain. Image-guided pain management procedures are particularly effective if you are experiencing spinal pain, neck and back pain, persistent joint pain, soft tissue inflammation and pain in other areas.
Who Performs The Procedures?
Our highly trained and fully accredited Radiologists perform these procedures in our clinics across Central Queensland. During our Image-Guided Pain Management procedures, our Radiologists uses fluoroscopic or ultrasound guidance to inject a fine needle into the affected area. These injections deliver powerful medications directly to the area that is the source of the pain and thus are usually much more effective. In some instances, you may experience immediate temporary pain relief from the local anaesthetic. However, usually when the Pain Management procedure is successful you can expect to feel relief within days, with the full effect occurring in a few weeks.
What are the Benefits?
Pain may be alleviated faster than other traditional methods and oral medications.
- They also can be used to diagnose the site of pain
- It can help control pain to allow you to initiate physical therapy or exercise
- It may delay or eliminate surgical intervention
- There are no large incisions to heal
- Infection rates are significantly lower than with open surgery
Am I a good candidate for this treatment?
You may benefit procedures if you have found only limited relief from typical treatments. You may also benefit if:
- You have tried a number of alternatives to relieve your pain without success.
- Have inflammatory pain, such as joint pain or muscular pain.
- You have found only limited relief from physiotherapy, massage or other methods.
- Are currently on a waiting list for surgical procedures, such as a knee or hip replacement.
- Have pain that does not seem to subside and would like a consultation.
Treatment areas include:
- Wrists and thumbs
Do I need a GP referral?
Image-Guided Pain Management Procedures
At Central Queensland Radiology we perform many interventional procedures including:
- CT guided Facet joint blocks
- CT guided Nerve root blocks
- CT guided Epidural Injection
- Plural and Peritoneal Taps
- Intrathecal injections
- Fine needle aspirations and more.